So, you want to become a Real Estate agent? Once you are an agent, it can be an amazing lifestyle. You can set your own schedule and even your own income. If you feel like working, you can– or if you want to take a month-long vacation, well, that’s possible too! It’s the best. On the flip side, it’s hard work getting to where you have that kind of flexibility. The first step for anyone who is determined to have a career in real estate is to get licensed.
To become licensed in your state, you need to take a real estate course, and then pass a pretty comprehensive exam. This test is tough! You definitely need a good school to be able to pass. I can also be an expensive test, so you’ll definitely want to pass it on the first try.
When I took my real estate classes, I took them online, for a couple of reasons. Real Estate Express was my choice for online real estate classes, but you can really take them from anywhere that offers them that you feel comfortable with.
Here are some of my top reasons why you should check out real estate classes online:
- It’s Convenient – Online classes give you the convenience to attend class when you can. More than likely you’re not a trust fund kid and actually have to work to pay your bills. You don’t have the luxury of not working until you pass your real estate licensing exams. By taking classes online I was able to maintain a full-time job, study on my breaks, and take classes in my free time each evening.
- It’s Cost Effective — Online classes are often cheaper than traditional classroom courses. The instructor doesn’t have to travel, and you don’t need to pay for expenses like school electricity or paper handouts. It also saves you money, because you don’t spend money on gas or travel getting to and from class– your home office or local coffee shop can become your classroom.
- Multiple states, multiple licenses – If you’re on the border of two states or don’t mind traveling, you may want to take real estate classes online because you’ll be able to learn information for multiple licensing exams. Otherwise, you might have to travel to another state for classes.
- Collaboration – You can collaborate with friends and colleagues without the burden of matching your schedules — If you have friends who are in your same class you can share notes and study materials without having to be in the same place at the same time.
- Flexibility – You can go at your own pace. I’m a really fast learner, and I very much appreciated the fact that I could breeze through lessons. If I took a class with other people I might have to sit and listen to their questions, that I already know the answer to. I finished my classes in less than the suggested amount of weeks and was able to maximize the use of my precious time.
As you can see, I highly recommend online real estate classes. I had a marvelous experience at Real Estate Express, and I don’t think I would have done as well in life and in my career with a different company, so I definitely would at least look them up if I were you.
Regardless of who you choose, I’m around for questions always! If you have any questions about your real estate schooling or the process to become licensed, leave it in the comments and I’ll be sure to reply. Please also like and share this post, and comment below so I know you liked it!